Green Chicken Enchiladas
If you’re in the need of a classic enchilada recipe, you can pick up some of our green tomatillo sauce from HEB and making your endeavor just that much simpler. I wrote the recipe down below for a classic chicken enchilada recipe, but I do have a hack for making this recipe full proof… CASSEROLE! you can take the corn tortillas or thick restaurant style tortilla chips, monterrey jack cheese, and chicken, and 1 jar of Mi Tierra tomatillo Sauce(which is mild by the way) and you layer it in a casserole dish just like a lasagna but easier. First spray the dish with a little pan spray, then layer, tortillas or chips, then tomatillo sauce, then chicken and cheese and then repeat, do a second layer and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes and enjoy! this can be made on a weekend and you can cook it a few days later for a perfect weeknight prep meal during a busy week!
1 Jar of Mi Tierra Green Tomatillo Sauce
3 Cups of Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
1.5 Cups of Monterey Jack Cheese
8-10 Corn Tortillas
Vegetable Oil for light pan frying.
1. In a deep skillet, over medium heat add about ¾" of oil for light pan frying.
2. Once the oil is hot, add a few tortillas at a time to lightly cook, just until soft. Drain on a plate with paper towels.
3. In a casserole dish, pour ½ cup of Mi Tierra Green Tomatillo Sauce to coat the bottom of the dish.
4. Once all of the tortillas are softened and cooled, roll about 2-2.5 oz of shredded chicken in each tortilla and lay them side by side in the casserole dish.
5. Pour the rest of the Mi Tierra Tomatillo Sauce covering the enchiladas.
6. Top the dish with Monterrey Jack Cheese and place in an oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.